5.25.2010

Life....Crazy, crazy life....



Life is such a confusing thing. Wonderful, but confusing!  Lately I've been struggling with making decisions on how to spend my summer.
I've always loved theater. There's just something about being up on stage and performing a role and singing a song with everything you have thats so exhilarating. I've been out of theater for a couple of years now, and have missed it terribly. This year the community theater is putting on Sound of Music. One of my absolute favorites of all times! I love the songs, I love the characters, and I love the story! So I am auditioning.
However, if I make it into the play, it could make this one of my most challenging summers yet! Theater is immensely time consuming, especially when you have a full time job! I will be working 9-5 or 6 most days, then have rehearsal from 6-9. So basically I will be going non-stop from 9-9. Craziness! Now that in itself isn't stressing me out. I can handle a busy schedule. Its just that I already have VERY limited time with a certain, very dear person, and committing to such a schedule means the time becomes even MORE limited. Suddenly, being on stage doesn't sound as worth it to me! Hmmm.
Well, unfortunately, I'm pretty much committed to the show already, but to be perfectly honest, this very well could be my last show. Its strange how as you grow older, some things that you loved very much become not nearly as important in light of your new loves.


2 comments:

Jordan Lyman said...

It is hard to give some things up, but worth it in the end :) I'll be praying for you ;)

Linds said...

Thanks buddy :) Love you!