....its funny what you really don't like but you miss when its not there! Little things that you take for granted. The one I specifically have in mind is my Mama waking me up in the mornings!
Now I LIKE my sleep! And I really dislike getting up in the mornings because I am just so comfortable and cozy! And I dislike being woken up by almost ANYONE!
Well anyways, now that I'm back home, my mom comes in to my room in the "early" morning and asks if I'm planning on getting up to have coffee with her on the deck. Now I'll admit, my reaction is almost always to roll right back over and grumpily go back to sleep, because, when you want to sleep coffee does not at all sound appealing!
But with my parents gone to China, my sisters at my grandparents and my Jon Boy gone fighting fires, this big house is so empty and so very quiet! Its made me start to think about how I take for granted the opportunities to be with them when they're here! I miss them so very much, and yet, when they are here, I let my time with them slip right through my fingers!
What I wouldn't give to get up early tomorrow and have coffee on the deck with my lovely Mama! I think that will be one of the first things on the agenda when they return!
No comments:
Post a Comment