I was never a girly-girl, growing up as I did in the midst of three wonderful brothers. I spent more time digging holes and jousting with stilts astride my trusty bike than I did playing dress up or playing with dolls. I still enjoy being with my brothers and pretending to be "one of the guys."
But in one matter, I am ALL girl, totally, 100%. I am an absolute, slightly pathetic and completely hopeless romantic. I have cried at every wedding I ever attended, whether I know the couple personally or not! I read the same sappy, girly novels and watch chick flicks over and over and still have a good cry at all the same parts.
Most of all, I want nothing in the world so much as to "find" the person God has planned for me (if he exists....you never know!). There is a song by Bethany Dillon called "For My Love" that completely sums it up for me. Here's the words:
~*~
Walk towards me
I want to hear
The heavens singing over you
When you breathe
And look at me
I want to be captured by you
Gaze into my eyes
And let me know you'd fight
Thousands, for my love
Slip your hand in mine
Ask me to dance with you tonight
Just ask me for my love
I want to hide
What's deep in my eyes
I'm scared to be known by you
But when I turn my head
And see you there
I want to be pursued
A dream I won't wake from
A story that will never end
The ground your feet walk on
Let me be there, let me be there
~*~
Now, I that all may sound cheesy and such to a lot of people, but that is the real desire of my heart! To be sought after and pursued, won over and loved, cherished and protected. I think that deep down, most girls truly desire this.
But you know, something I'm realizing more and more every day is that I already have all this! Though not in the form of a physical person, I already know the love of my life! I am learning right now to get to know God in a personal, real, and active relationship through reading/studying His Word and through learning to converse with Him. And He is daily showing me that the love I so long for is right there in Him, ready and waiting for me! Isn't that quite the thought! As girls we spend so much time hoping and dreaming of being swept off our feet in a perfect love story. We want a man who will cherish us and protect us, who will love us even in our faults, someone willing to die for us because they love us so much........what more can I say?
Now, I'm not saying that I wouldn't welcome a number two love of my life, because I still long for that person and would welcome him with open arms any time now. But I am finding that God is ultimately the One for me. If He so chooses to bring about a "special someone," that's entirely up to Him. But I already have the One I really need!
I don't know, just some thoughts.....
4 comments:
Oh, come here, Lindsey...I need a hug! If I could write your story, I would, or if you could write your own story, you would. But it wouldn't be the right story...we would miss something along the way! Something beautiful. God has your plan, and I am glad to see you looking for His plan as you wait for your heart's desire. Ultimately finding that you desire what God wants.
Your momma loves you and prays for you continually!
Love you too, Mommy!
God seriously works in mysterious ways. I had to stop looking for a husband, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually, before, through the grace of God, I was introduced to Tyler! Funny how it all worked out :)
We as females are pushed so hard from the beginning to find a husband, but God pulled that carpet out from under my feet and taught me to fall into His arms before He let me find Tyler's arms. It was quite the learning experience, something I can honestly say I'm glad I don't have to go through again :) When God shows you your earthly husband Lindsey, you'll be thrilled down to your toes and be deeply in love--not only with the "Future Mr." but also with Abba Father!
So you need to put new photos of your hair on here!
Post a Comment